The epidermis, the outermost layer of our skin, constantly sheds dead skin cells as well as replaces them with newer, healthier ones. However, as we age, the process of cell regeneration slows down, causing excess dead skin cells to pile up on the surface of our skin and this accumulation of dead skin cells lead to flaky skin, clogged pores as well as dry patches. This is where Microdermabrasion comes in handy!
Get rid of dead skin cells with Microdermabrasion
Wondering what is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion, also known as Microderm, is a very popular non-surgical cosmetic procedure that uses a diamond-tipped wand to gently exfoliate the skin & remove the superficial layer of dry, dead skin cells. The results are fresh, smooth, and glowing skin!
“If you take the word apart, micro means small; derm is short for dermis and means skin; and abrasion means the process of scraping away,” says Dendy Engelman, MD, FACMS, FAAD, a board-certified and nationally-acclaimed dermatologic surgeon. “So if you put it together, it literally means the process in which you use instruments to create microscopic abrasions in the skin to remove the thicker top layer of the skin.
The expert skin treatment can banish common skin bugbears such as:
- Clogged pores
- Enlarged pores
- Excessive oil
- Dry skin
- Acne scars
- Undesired pigmentation
- Fine lines
- Uneven skin tone
- Uneven skin texture
However, you should avoid Microdermabrasion if you have:
- Fragile Capillaries
- Open Sores
- Active rosacea
- Active acne
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Skin Lesions
- Fever, high temperature.
The entire process takes anywhere between 20 to 40 minutes, depending upon the skin condition as well as the area to be treated.
Keep in mind, results are not always permanent. Sun damage can reverse your results. You need to take proper care of your skin in order to maintain the wonderful results.
And if you think that the procedure is scary and painful, you’re wrong. The procedure is super simple, completely safe and almost painless! However, your skin may be a bit red & tender after the treatment.
To minimize recovery time as well as maximize microdermabrasion results, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least a week.
- Keep your new skin clean, moisturized & protected with sunblock.
- Avoid putting on makeup right after the treatment.
- Avoid heavy workouts for a few days after your treatment
- Use a mild cleanser or something that contains no harsh chemicals.
- Avoid scratching or picking the treated area.
- Do not rub or scrub your face for at least a week
- Avoid glycolic, retinol, beta hydroxy, benzyl peroxide & similar medications for one to two days after the treatment.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
The benefits of Microdermabrasion are hard to ignore!
- Microdermabrasion improves internal skin health.
- Apart from boosting internal skin health, the treatment also helps to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- It is a quick and painless procedure, and doesn’t involve any injections.
- Your skin will look fresh, smooth & glowing almost immediately after the treatment.
- It is absolutely safe and effective for all skin types.
- It can restore the youthful texture of your skin by tightening your pores.
Turn to Brow & Beauty Bar for Microdermabrasion
Looking to revitalize your dull, tired skin? Well then, look no further than Brow & Beauty Bar!
At Brow & Beauty Bar, our ultimate aim is to help our clients improve their skin imperfections and conditions with different skin rejuvenating treatments.
We take the time to listen to our clients needs and then strive to exceed their expectations. We also place a great deal of importance on our clients’ comfort & satisfaction and do everything possible to make sure that they are comfortable during the treatment.
To learn more about Microdermabrasion or any other services, get in touch with us today.