We all want to flaunt flawless skin that glows like a dew-kissed petal! Flawless, glowing skin never goes out of fashion. It is something that gives us inner confidence. But unfortunately, not all of us are blessed with such skin. Good news, though: today there are numerous products & skin treatments available that promises to unlock that elusive inner glow. One such skin treatment has been steadily gaining popularity for its remarkable potential to unveil a skin that truly shines - Dermaplaning.
Wondering what is Dermaplaning?
Well, Dermaplaning is nothing but a virtually painless, non-invasive cosmetic procedure that involves the use of a surgical scalpel or a specialized tool to gently remove the outermost layer of dead skin cells as well as fine vellus hair (peach fuzz) from the surface of the skin. You can expect your skin to look smoother, brighter as well as softer immediately after the treatment.
The treatment also helps improve the absorption of skincare products as well as preps the skin for additional skincare procedures such as lasers treatments & chemical peels.
You may be a perfect candidate for this procedure if you have fine facial hair (vellus hair), dry or dull skin, wrinkles or blackheads, large pores, or superficial lines.
However, it is better to avoid the treatment if you have sensitive skin, sunburned skin, active acne, psoriasis, eczema, or other skin conditions that cause inflammation.
A dermaplaning session typically lasts around 10 to 20 minutes & can be performed as a stand-alone procedure or as part of a facial treatment. Getting a dermaplaning treatment every four weeks is highly recommended in order to maintain the results.
The best thing is that there is absolutely no downtime with this skin treatment & the results are immediate.
It is important to note that dermaplaning, while generally considered safe, should be performed by licensed esthetician or dermatologist in order to minimize the risk of any complications.
The average cost of dermaplaning usually depends on your location & can range anywhere from $75 to $150.
The Amazing Benefits of Dermaplaning
- Dermaplaning removes the top layer of dead skin cells, promoting a brighter & smoother complexion.
- By removing the top layer of dead skin cells and fine vellus hair, the procedure can enhance the absorption of skincare products, such as moisturizers and serums.
- The treatment can help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It can also help improve uneven skin tone and texture.
- It may help with skin issues such as minor acne scars & hyperpigmentation.
- Regular dermaplaning can help minimize the appearance of enlarged pores.
9 Important Aftercare Tips for Dermaplaning
- Gently cleanse the treated area with a mild cleanser.
- Try to apply a soothing serum, preferably one with hyaluronic acid.
- Apply a gentle moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated without clogging pores.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for at least a week after dermaplaning.
- Avoid hot showers, steam rooms, saunas as well as strenuous exercise for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid applying makeup for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid using facial scrubs or any other exfoliators for at least 7 days after treatment.
- Do not use any products that contains aggressive ingredients like Retinol or harsh acids for at least 7 days after dermaplaning.
- Make sure to apply sunscreen with a high SPF.
We, at Brow & Beauty Bar, are proud to offer professional dermaplaning facial treatments at highly competitive prices!
We have a team of highly experienced professionals who have immense passion for their work. They have undergone specialized training in dermaplaning.
So, if you have been struggling with excess vellus hair, wrinkles, blackheads, dry or dull skin, large pores, or superficial lines, feel free to get in touch with us today. Our dermaplaning treatment can help you get rid of your pesky facial hair and leave your skin looking healthier, smoother and more radiant.
To know more about our dermaplaning treatment, get in touch with us today.